Tomato and Garlic Confit | Cooking with Genee Habansky
This recipe is one of my favorites. I grow cherry tomatoes specifically for this sauce. I make a large container of it, can it, and enjoy it for some time. Frankly, it doesn’t last a long time in my house!! Slow roasted tomatoes & garlic, together, bring out the sweetness of the tomatoes while the garlic keeps it savory…
- 4 pints cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 bulbs garlic, peeled
- 1 bundle thyme
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine tomatoes, garlic cloves, olive oil and salt in a large bowl.
- Take thyme and tie with kitchen twine, add to bowl, stir to combine.
- Pour onto a shallow baking dish.
- Roast this for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until tomatoes are wrinkled & blistered, stirring every half an hour.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend. Salt and pepper to taste